Nothing brings out the humor and awkwardness of marriage quite like the Newlywed Game. Sure, it’s a classic game, but when you throw some funny, dirty and family-oriented Newlywed Game questions, the hilarity is sure to follow. So, break out the drinks and snacks, gather up your family and get ready for some laughs with these newlywed game questions.
What is the Newlywed Game?
The Newlywed Game is a game show that debuted in 1966. It’s a game that tests the knowledge of newlyweds and is most enjoyable when played with a group of friends or family. It’s perfect for a bridal shower, a bachelorette party, or even just a night of game night with your family. Couples (or teams) are asked to answer questions about their spouse (or partner) and the goal is to get the most correct answers. Questions can be goofy, romantic, personal, or just plain crazy.
Funny Questions to Get the Laughter Going
When it comes to getting the laughter going, nothing does it better than funny Newlywed Game questions. They lighten the mood and get everyone in a fun and silly mood. Here are some ideas for funny Newlywed Game questions:
- What was the worst advice your spouse ever gave you?
- What silly nickname did your spouse give the pet?
- If your spouse could be any animal, what animal would they be?
- Does your spouse have a secret talent? If so, what is it?
- What is your spouse’s favorite cereal?
- What is the most unusual thing your spouse has ever eaten?
- If your spouse could be a superhero, who would they be?
- What embarrassing moment will your spouse never forget?
- What would be the worst thing your spouse could wear to a job interview?
- Who came up with the worst idea while on vacation?
Dirty Questions to Spice Up the Fun
Dirty Newlywed Game questions can ramp up the fun and add a little bit of spice to the game. Just make sure that all of the players are adults or that the parents are okay with the questions before starting. Because these questions can get a bit risqué, make sure to supply a few funny ones in between transitions. Here are some ideas for dirty Newlywed Game questions:
- What’s the craziest place your spouse has ever kissed you?
- What is your spouse’s favorite bedroom activity?
- When was the last time your spouse made you blush?
- Can your spouse remember the first time they ever saw you?
- What’s the craziest thing your spouse has ever said during a make-out session?
- What was the most embarrassing moment your spouse has ever had in the bedroom?
- Does your spouse have any wild fantasies?
- What’s the most daring thing your spouse ever did while on a date?
- What’s the craziest thing your spouse has ever said while in the bedroom?
- If your spouse could design their own bedroom, what would it look like?
Family-Oriented Questions to Keep It Clean and Fun
Family-oriented Newlywed Game questions are the best way to keep the game clean and still have a lot of fun. They can also bring out some interesting answers and great stories! Here are some ideas for family-oriented Newlywed Game questions:
- Who was the best gift-giver in the family?
- Who was the most likely to get in trouble when growing up?
- Who would be the best driver in the family?
- Who was the most talented singer in the family?
- What crazy adventure would you and your spouse like to go on?
- What is the best way to spend a perfect weekend with your family?
- If you could invite extended family for a summer vacation, who would it be?
- If you had to pick who’s the biggest drama queen in your family, who would you pick?
- How would your family handle a zombie apocalypse?
- What would be the most awkward thing your spouse would do in front of your parents?
How to Setup the Newlywed Game
Now that you have some great ideas for funny, dirty, and family-oriented Newlywed Game questions, it’s time to set up the game. Here are the steps to setting up a fun and successful game of the Newlywed Game:
- Decide how many couples or teams you want to play.
- Decide how many questions you want to ask.
- Separate the questions into three categories: funny, dirty and family-oriented.
- Print off or write down the questions on cards.
- Assign someone to be the host and another person to be the score keeper.
- Line up the couples or teams and give them each a set of three questions each.
- Ask the couples or teams the questions one at a time.
- Allow the couples or teams a few moments to discuss the questions without talking to each other.
- Award points for the correct answers and the most creative answers.
- Continue the game until all of the questions are asked and the points are tallied.
Tips for Playing the Newlywed Game
Playing the Newlywed Game can be a lot of fun, but there are a few tips to keep in mind while playing to make sure everyone has a great time.
- Not all of the questions need to be ask of every couple or team.
- Encourage the couples to participate and be creative.
- Have plenty of drinks and snacks on hand.
- Embrace the laughter.
- Before playing the game, make sure everyone is aware that the game contains some adult-themed questions.
- Make sure that the point system is clear and that everyone is competing for the same amount of points.
- Make sure to select a few questions that are a bit more difficult to ensure that the scores remain close.
- Have a prize ready to reward the team or couple with the most points.
- Be prepared to add in some funny questions if needed.
- Have patience and enjoy the game.
Getting Ready to Laugh with the Newlywed Game
The Newlywed Game is a fun and lighthearted game that can be enjoyed by all ages. This game encourages players to tap into their knowledge of their spouse or partner, which makes for an interesting game. So, pour a few drinks, gather up your friends and family, and get ready for some laughs with these Newlywed Game questions.