Dating is a time for both partners to get to know each other better. Asking the right questions can help both of you feel comfortable opening up and being honest. Here are some questions to get to know a girl better and create a more meaningful connection on the first date.
Getting to Know Her
When you are getting to know someone, it’s important to ask questions that help you learn more about their experiences and perspectives. Start with these to get to know the girl you’re dating better:
- What was your childhood like?
- What do you like to do on the weekends?
- What do you like best about your job?
- What do you like to do when you’re not working?
- How do you spend your free time?
- Are you close with your family?
- Who are your closest friends?
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- What is the last book you read?
- What was the last movie you watched?
Finding Shared Interests
These questions are designed to help you discover shared interests and establish a connection.
- What kind of hobbies do you have?
- What is your favorite thing to do when you have free time?
- Have you ever done anything adventurous?
- Are there any sports you like to watch?
- What are some of your favorite places to visit?
- Are there any upcoming events that you’re excited about?
- What kind of music do you like to listen to?
- Are there any causes or charities you volunteer with?
- What are your favorite restaurants?
- Are there any activities that you like to do together?
Illuminating Her Personality
These questions can help you find out more about a girl’s personality and characteristics.
- What do you value in a relationship?
- Are there any values that are important to you?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- What motivates you in life?
- Are there any values that you won’t compromise on?
- What are your goals in life?
- What would people be surprised to know about you?
- What do you believe in most strongly?
- What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?
- Are there any qualities or traits that you admire in others?
Learning Her Beliefs
Deeper conversations help to create more meaningful connections. Use these to get to know a girl’s values and beliefs.
- Do you have any religious beliefs?
- How do you think people can make a positive impact?
- Do you think it’s important to stay informed about current events?
- What do you think is the best way to make decisions?
- Do you think it’s important to express your feelings?
- How do you handle conflicts?
- What character traits do you admire most in yourself?
- Are there any social issues that you feel strongly about?
- Are there any ethical dilemmas that you have opinions about?
- How do you think people’s beliefs and values influence their decision-making?
Hearing Her Hopes and Dreams
These questions are great for getting to know someone’s vision for their future.
- What do you hope to achieve in the future?
- Are there any dreams and goals you are working towards?
- Are there any life milestones you’d like to reach in the next few years?
- What would you consider to be the perfect life?
- Are there any experiences you’d like to have someday?
- Are there any career goals that you want to accomplish?
- Are there any dreams you want to pursue?
- What kind of legacy do you want to leave behind?
- Do you believe it’s important to set goals and stay focused?
- Are there any risks that you are willing to take to achieve your goals?
These are all great questions to ask a girl on a date to get to know her better. Asking questions and listening thoughtfully to her answers will show that you’re interested in getting to know her more deeply. This can help create a more meaningful connection on the first date.