Everyone loves a good laugh, so what’s better than a joke or pun that has been approved by the older generation? This article will provide you with an ample selection of jokes and puns related to old people, from classic to contemporary. So, whether you are an older adult or a younger person looking for something funny to laugh about, you’ll definitely enjoy these jokes and puns about the elderly.
What is a Joke?
A joke is a humorous story or statement that is usually made to provoke laughter. It often contains puns or plays on words. A successful joke relies upon a build-up and a punchline, which will leave the audience in stitches.
What is a Pun?
A pun is a type of joke that plays on words and sounds, where a double meaning is created due to the double use of a word that has two very different meanings. For example, a common pun is to replace the word “sit” with “set”, implying a completely different context.
What Makes these Jokes and Puns Funny?
Jokes and puns that are related to the elderly are usually funny because they either focus on the elderly’s habits or utilize the common stereotypes associated with them. Often, these jokes and puns aim to poke fun at the elderly in a lighthearted and good-natured manner.
Classic Old People Jokes
- What did the old woman say when she heard about a new type of walker?
“Oh my, that’s way faster than I can go!”
- What do you call a senior citizen who duplicates himself?
An exact duplicate.
- What happened when the old woman lost her drivers license?
She was sent to rehab – the walking rehab.
- Why did the old man run around the block so many times?
He was trying to get his steps in for the day.
- What did the old man use to hear better?
A hearing loudener!
Contemporary Old People Jokes and Puns
- What did the old man do when he saw a mouse in his house?
He called him a “Squirrely doctor.”
- What did the old man use to make sure he got up on time?
A senior-friendly alarm clock.
- What did the old man do when he wanted to meditate?
He practiced his “Yoga Breathing Walk”.
- How did the old man travel when he wanted to visit someone?
He “cab”bed it.
- What did the old man ask when he wanted to buy something?
“How do I get the senior discount?”
Old People Jokes and Puns for Kids
- What did the old woman say when she was offered ice cream?
“No thanks, I already had my calcium today.”
- Why did the old woman take a nap every day?
She was trying to get some “senior shut-eye.”
- What did the old man ask for when he went to the movies?
He asked for senior pricing.
- How did the old man answer the phone?
He said “Hello, this is Grandpa.”
- How did the old man have the most fun?
He went seniorsailing!
Funny Old People Jokes
- What did the old woman do when she couldn’t read the menu?
She asked for the “senior special.”
- Why did the old man go to the movies?
He wanted to take advantage of the senior discount.
- What did the old man wear when he went swimming?
He wore his “grandpa trunks.”
- What did the old woman say when someone asked how she was feeling?
“Oh, I’m doing quite age-ly, thank you!”
- What did the old man say when his doctor asked him to stay off the stairs?
“No problem, I’ll take the elevator.”
Witty Old People Jokes
- What did the old woman say when she fell into the pool?
“Oh, this is a ‘senior’ moment!”
- How did the old woman relax?
She enjoyed her “grandpa time.”
- What did the old man do when he wanted to remember something?
He wrote it down, so it could become an “elderly reminder.”
- What did the old woman do when she forgot something?
She used her mental “walk around”.
- How did the old man help people remember their medication?
He kept a “senior schedule”.
Why did the old man take a nap every day?
He was recharging his “batteries”!
Whether they are classic favorites or contemporary puns, everyone can enjoy a good old people joke from time to time. Hopefully, this article has provided you with much-needed laughter and some fresh ideas for more jokes and puns about old people. So, go ahead, find your favorite “senior humor” and be sure to share it with the older individuals who have made you laugh at the same time!