Entertaining friends and family during get-togethers can be a difficult task, especially if you feel like you’ve already run through all of the same activities and conversations. To liven up a party or any gathering of people who know each other, the answer might just be Truth or Drink, a game that encourages players to get to know each other on a much deeper level than ever before.
What is Truth or Drink?
Truth or Drink is a popular, interactive game that requires players to either answer questions honestly, or take a shot of alcohol. Time after time, it has brought people together in meaningful conversations, spurring hilarious revelations and heated, intense debates. The questions players have to answer may seem random, but most are designed to make participants feel vulnerable or slightly uncomfortable. This game will bring out the best and worst of your group’s sense of humor, giving everyone something to talk and laugh about all night long.
What Kind of Questions are Asked During a Game of Truth or Drink?
Truth or Drink questions come from all different kinds of topics and can really vary depending on the players involved in the game. Some common questions include,but are not limited to:
• What did you learn about yourself over the past year?
• What’s the worst decision you’ve ever made?
• Who do you know that you wish you didn’t?
• What is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done in front of someone you like?
• What is the most awkward thing you’ve ever said to someone you just met?
• What is something that you don’t want anyone in this room to ever find out?
• If we had to pick someone in this room to do an embarrassing dare, who would it be?
• Who would you never want to see again?
• If you could only know one thing about the future, what would it be?
• What’s one thing you would never do, no matter how much money you were offered?
These questions may seem difficult to answer, but don’t forget that drinking is always an option.
How to Have Fun While Playing Truth or Drink
Truth or Drink can be so much more than just a game — it can be a fun, interactive way to break the ice and get to know people in a laid-back and entertaining way. Here are some tips for making the most out of your game:
• Plan ahead and come up with your own questions: Writing your own questions is a great way to customize the game and make it more tailored to the particular group of people playing. Make sure to ask questions that you yourself would be comfortable answering.
• Set ground rules: Before you start playing, make sure that everyone agrees to some ground rules to avoid any uncomfortable situations. Let everyone know that all responses are off the record and that the questions are purely for entertainment purposes.
• Make it social: Invite friends who don’t know each other yet! Making it a social setting encourages people to open up and gives them a chance to get to know each other in a more relaxed atmosphere.
• Plan a Drinking Alternative: Not everyone will want to or be able to drink for whatever reason. Have an alternative ready, like drinking juice or eating a candy bar, so that those players don’t feel like the odd one out.
• Don’t take it too seriously: Keep the atmosphere light and remind everyone that the real purpose of the game is to have fun and get to know each other better.
Truth or Drink is a fun and interactive way to break the ice and get to know each other on a deeper level. It’s a great way to bring everyone together, but remember to keep the atmosphere light and not to take it too seriously. With the right group of people, some funny (or serious) questions, and of course, alcohol, you’ll have a great time catching up with your friends or family. Have fun, but at the end of the day, remember that honesty is the best policy.