Do you have that one guy who you just can’t figure out? Does he show all the signs he likes you, but you’re not quite sure? Or maybe he doesn’t do any of the usual routine, and you’re wondering if you have a chance with him? It can be frustrating when you don’t know where you stands with someone, and you’re trying to decipher if they like you back. The good news is that there are subtle signs from a guy that can give away whether he likes you or not.
In this article, we’ll discuss 16 signs to watch out for in order to tell if a guy likes you. We’ll cover:
• His body language
• His tone of voice
• His eye contact
• His conversation topics
• His text messages
• And more!
Let’s get started!
Body language can tell you a lot about someone’s feelings, and this applies to whether a guy likes you or not. Here are some body language signs to watch out for:
• He stands a bit too close when talking to you.
• He gets shy or suddenly stops talking when you’re around.
• His feet point towards you even when he’s not talking.
• He blushes when you’re around.
• He smiles when you’re around.
• He’ll try to appear taller or look more muscular when you’re nearby.
• He’ll tilt his head when talking to you and then look away, like he’s trying to get you to think he’s cute.
These are all signs that he’s not only interested but he’s trying to get your attention, whether subconsciously or intentionally.
Tone of Voice
The way someone talks is also a big indicator of his feelings. Here are some signs that may point to him having feelings for you:
• He talks a bit faster than usual when he’s talking to you.
• His voice gets a bit higher in pitch when he speaks to you.
• He’ll laugh at your jokes, even when they’re not all that funny.
• He’ll shy away from talking about serious topics with you.
• He’ll talk louder than normal or use different words or terminology just to impress you.
These are all good signs that he’s got some interest in you, so pay attention to what he’s saying.
Eye contact is one of the most powerful signs someone can give about his or her interest level. Here are some signs that he may be interested in you:
• He’ll look down and away when he sees you, like he’s too shy to look directly at you.
• He’ll maintain eye contact for a few seconds longer than necessary.
• He’ll make sure to make eye contact at least a few times during the conversation.
• He’ll look at you with an intense gaze, like he’s trying to undress you with his eyes.
• He’ll lock eyes with you, and will not look away even when the conversation has changed.
These are all signs that he’s definitely interested in getting to know you better, so be aware of how he’s looking at you when you talk.
When you talk to a guy and he brings up topics that start from one topic and lead to another, it’s a sign he likes you. Here are some signs of this:
• He brings up topics that are purely to get to know you better, like your hobbies, interests, favorite movies etc.
• He’ll try to flatter you and make compliments about your accomplishments or about how smart or attractive you are.
• He’ll ask about what you did over the weekend or what your plans are for the future.
• He’ll bring up topics that you have discussed before, and try to show his interest in knowing more about it.
• He’ll try to keep the conversation going, even if he’s not sure what the next topic should be.
These are all signs that he’s interested in getting to know you and wants to have a more meaningful conversation with you.
These days, most relationships start with a few friendly text messages, so this is also a good place to look for signs of interest. Here are some to watch out for:
• He initiates most of the text messages.
• He is the one who always replies faster.
• He asks an appropriate number of questions.
• He sends you links or attachments with the intent of starting a conversation.
• His text messages always seemed to be about getting to know you better.
• His texts are longer, with more content than yours.
These are all signs that he really values the conversation and wants to continue talking to you.
When you’re out with him, pay attention to how he interacts with you. Here are a few signs of physical contact that may point to him having feelings for you:
• He always wants to walk close to you, even when the situation doesn’t call for it.
• He gives you a hug hello or goodbye, even if you’re not “that close” yet.
• He finds a way to touch you when you talk, like tapping your arm or hands.
• He gives you a pat on the back when encouraging or comforting you.
• He guides you by the elbow, like he’s taking care of you.
• He offers to help you with something, even if it’s something small.
These are all signs that he wants to make sure you’re safe and he probably likes you more than a friend.
Compliments and Flirting
Most guys are not usually complimentary if they’re not interested in you, so take note of how much effort he puts into flattering you. Here are some signs to watch out for:
• He talks about how pretty you look, or how nice your outfit is.
• He puts extra effort into making you laugh.
• He teases you in a good-natured way, not too hard but with enough playfulness that it’s obvious he’s flirting.
• He shares his compliments openly and honestly, without any shyness or hesitation.
• He’s unexpectedly nice or gentle in his words.
• He finds any excuse to compliment you.
These are all signs that he likes you for more than just a friend, and he’s trying to show it.
Asking for Assistance
When someone wants to do favors for someone else, it’s usually a sign of interest and affection. Here are a few signs to look out for:
• He offers to help you with something, even if it’s something you’re better at
• He always tries to be around when you’re struggling with something
• He seems genuinely interested in knowing what you need help with
• He gives you advice or tips even when you haven’t asked for it
• He always finds a way to be useful, even if it’s something small
These are all signs that he’s trying to be a part of your life and help you out in whatever way he can.
Tiny presents that guys give can be a sign of his affection for you. Here are some signs to look out for:
• He gives you something that was mentioned in passing just once or twice
• He goes out of his way to buy you something that he knew you always wanted
• He gives you snacks or little things at random, out of the blue
• He always informs you with the gift of what and why he got it
• He gives you thoughtful gifts even when you’re not expecting it
• He gives you small tokens of his appreciation, like flowers or a card
These are all signs that he’s trying to show his affection and appreciation for you in a few small, sweet ways.
By now, if you’ve paid attention to all the signs we’ve discussed, you should have a good idea of whether or not a guy likes you. Of course, there’s no way to be 100% sure, but if you’re seeing the majority of these signs then you can be sure that he likes you.
Remember to always keep an eye out for the subtle signs he may be sending your way. If he likes you, these signs will be everywhere, so keep your eyes open and don’t let any of them slip by unnoticed. Good luck!